These delicious burgers are perfect for making ahead and having something on hand for a quick lunch. They are also perfect for a BBQ, just make sure that you chill them in the fridge for a few hours beforehand. The salad - now this is a little piece of powerful pungent heaven.
400g turkey mince
3 heaped teaspoons of green curry paste (you can add more if you want)
1 large clove of garlic - finely chopped
1 pack of pre made ‘coleslaw mix’ (red & white cabbage, carrot etc)
2-3 sprigs of fresh mint leaves
2 handfuls of lambs lettuce
2 teaspoons of pomegranate fruit
For the dressing:
1 tablespoon olive oil
2-3 teaspoons of Thai fish sauce
Juice of half a lime
1 teaspoon of honey
1) Start with the burgers. Add the turkey mince, green curry paste, and garlic to a bowl. Season with a pinch of sea salt and then using your hands, squidgy all the ingredients together (that IS the technical term by the way).
2) Once mixed, form into burger patties and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
3) Whilst the burgers are cooking, assemble the salad by mixing the coleslaw mix, lambs lettuce, mint, and pomegranate together. Set aside.
4) Mix all the dressing ingredients together and whisk up well.
5) Once the burgers are cooked, dress the salad and place a generous heap of it in the centre of a plate and then place a couple of burgers around it. Prepare for lift off!!!