Super Simple Turkey Stir Fry
A turkey isn't just for Christmas! One of my favourite meats. Amazing protein quality, loads of zinc, and super lean if you didn't want something too fatty. Plus, dare I say it I think it has one of the best flavours among poultry.
- 500g turkey breast, sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat.
- Add the turkey slices and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the turkey from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the garlic and onion and stir fry for 1-2 minutes or until softened.
- Add the peppers and courgettes and continue to stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked but still have some crunch.
- Return the turkey to the pan and add the ground ginger, chilli flakes, salt and pepper.
- Stir fry for another 1-2 minutes or until everything is well combined and heated through.
- Serve immediately.