Simple Spicy Salmon
his spicy salmon recipe is perfect for those who like a bit of heat in their food. The spices add a smoky and fragrant flavour to the dish, while the honey helps to balance out the heat. The lime wedges add a fresh and zesty element. Serve with some brown rice and sautéed greens. Heaven!
- 2 salmon fillets (approximately 120g each)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or more, to taste)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan)/400°F/gas mark 6.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, honey, smoked paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the salmon fillets in a baking dish and brush the spice mixture over the top of each fillet.
- If using, sprinkle the finely chopped red chilli over the top of each fillet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Serve with lime wedges on the side.