Easy One Pot Vegan Curry
This is one of those dishes that even the most reluctant or indeed unskilled of cooks can make with ease. A one pot special using the simplest ingredients. What are you waiting for?
3 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
1 large red onion - halved and sliced
2 star anise
3 cardamom pods
1 teaspoon of turmeric
Half a teaspoon of cumin
Half a teaspoon of ground coriander
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1.5 - 2 tablespoons of curry paste (your choice which one)
250g of red lentils
Any mixed veg you have kicking around. You can also add tofu or tempeh.
1) Saute the onion, garlic, star anise, and cardamom in a little olive oil until the onion has softened.
2) Add the powdered spices and stir for 1 minute.
3) Add the curry paste, mix well.
4) Add the red lentils and enough boiled water to cover. Allow to simmer, whilst stirring frequently for about 20 minutes. The lentils will soften and cook down and during this process you will need to add a few small increments of water.
5) Add the mixed veg and continue to simmer until the veg has softened.
6) Ready to serve!!