Chicken & Greens Curry
You know by now that I love a good curry. You also know that I am a huge proponent of a low GL diet, plenty of protein, and as many greens as you can possibly stuff in yourself. This simple little curry brings all of that together.
Protein - Check!
Greens - Check!
Minimal impact upon blood glucose - Check!
- 400g chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic, green chili, and ginger to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken strips to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, and cardamom to the pan and stir well to coat the chicken.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the green beans and sugar snap peas to the pan and cook for another 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables are tender but still retain their crunch.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
This recipe serves 4 people and can be easily adjusted to your liking. You can also substitute the vegetables for your favourites or adjust the spice blend to suit your taste. Enjoy!