This simple twist on the family favourite can give you a dish with 3 times more fibre and actually go a lot further for a lot less money. Winner!
3 cloves of garlic - finely chopped.
1 large red onion - sliced.
250g Beef mince. For a plant based option chopped mushrooms, or quoin mince are a good alternative.
200g of red lentils.
350g of hidden veg sauce (see that recipe on my insta feed).
1) Place the red lentils in a saucepan and cover with boiled water and simmer for 15 minutes until the lentils are part soft and starting to break down.
2) Saute the onion and garlic in a little olive oil, along with a good pinch of sea salt until the onion has softened.
3) Add the beef mince (or mushrooms/quorn) and saute until the mince has browned (or mushrooms softened).
4) Add the part cooked red lentils and the hidden veg sauce and simmer until the lentils have completely softened and broken down into the sauce.
5) Serve with wholewheat spaghetti for the added fibre content.