Easy King Prawn Curry
This fragrant insanely delicious curry is perfect for beginners. Using a few simple spices, tomato, yogurt, and juicy King prawns, it will soon become a family favourite and a dinner party masterpiece.
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 red chilli, coarsely chopped
Olive oil, for cooking
2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
200g cherry tomatoes, chopped
2 tsps mild curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp garam masala
400g cooked king prawns
3 tbsps full-fat Greek yoghurt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
handful of fresh coriander leaves coarsely chopped (optional)
1) Put the onion, garlic and chilli in a blender to create a fine purée.
2) Heat olive oil in a large pan, add the onion purée, chopped ginger and salt, and cook for 10 minutes, or until the purée is darker in colour and less pungent in taste and aroma.
3) Once the purée reaches this stage, add the tomatoes and all the spices except the cinnamon. Cook for another 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
4) Add the prawns and yoghurt and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
5) Stir in the cinnamon and garnish with coriander, if using.