This is a rather odd, but rather incredible combination that is fantastic as a cold starter, especially if you want a little bit of wow in your life, and lets face it….who doesn’t like a bit of wow?
Taken from the forthcoming book: Heart Disease
- 2 small cooked beetroot – diced small
- 4 slices of smoked salmon – cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of wasabi
- Juice of half a lemon
- Black pepper
- Mix the diced beetroot, mayonnaise, and wasabi together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the salmon, lemon juice, and black pepper together.
- To assemble, place a ring mould in the centre of a plate. Put the beetroot/wasabi mix in first and push down well so that it is pressed into the shape of the mould. Next, top with the salmon, again pushing down well so as the salmon takes the shape of the mould.
- Carefully lift off the ring mould and top the stack with a salad of rocket leaves