When the weather gets a little cooler, I often reach for ingredients like squash and sweet potato. They just deliver that comforting warmth that we desire in the winter, without just being blatant stodge!
1 small butternut squash – diced, skins left on
2 cloves of garlic – squashed, skins left on
Sea salt & black pepper to taste
150g of feta cheese – crumbled
7-8 fresh sage leaves
- Place the diced squash into a roasting tin and drizzle with olive oil.
- Flatten the garlic cloves with a heavy implement, and thrown them in with the squash, skins and all!
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in a hot oven for about 30 minutes, until the flesh is soft and almost gooey, and the skin is beginning to get crispy.
- Remove from the oven, tear in the sage leaves, crumble over the feta, and toss well before dividing and serving.