These lovely bars are easy to make and are an ideal option for those days when you need breakfast on the run!
- 180 g porridge oats
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- 2 tbsp chopped dates
- 1 tbsp chopped figs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (a good quality one without added salt or sugar)
- 1 tbsp honey
- Melt the honey, coconut oil, and peanut butter together in a pan.
- Stir in all other ingredients and mix well to form a sticky mixture. If you find the mixture a little too sticky, you can add more oats to firm it up a little. This will make slightly crumblier bars though.
- Press the mixture firmly into a greased baking tin (about 8inches x 8 inches should be big enough).
- Place the tin at the top of a hot oven (200c/gas9) for 10 – 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool fully before cutting into bars.