Amazing comfort food. A great side dish for white fish, poultry, or even on its own as a comforting winter warmer.
- 1 can of cannelini beans – drained
- 1 can of butter beans – drained
- 2 cloves of garlic – very finely chopped
- 2 large handfuls of curly kale
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan
- Sea salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Add the chopped garlic to a pan with a little olive oil, and a good pinch of sea salt. Saute on a high temperature, and this is one of those rare occasions that I encourage you to let the garlic go brown. This gives a unique and distinct smokey flavour.
- At this point, add the beans, and tear in the curly kale (literally tearing it into small pieces straight into the pan). Continue to saute until the kale wilts.
- At this stage, stir in 1 tablespoon of the parmesan, and mix well.
- Serve in a dish and sprinkle the remaining parmesan on top.