Fridge cakes are such a doddle to make. They are sweet, delicious, and so nutrient dense that one of these little bad boys will literally keep you going for hours. Its always a pleasure when good wholesome healthy food tastes so very naughty! Get stuck in!
- 8 tablespoons of mixed seeds (flax, pumpkin, sesame, sunfolwer etc)
- 3 handfuls of goji berries
- 1 handful of pitted dates
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Place all ingredients, except the coconut oil, into a food processor, and pulse a few times to start creating a stiff coarse paste.
- Place the coconut oil into a glass bowl, and then sit the glass bowl into some freshly boiled water. In a matter of seconds the oil will melt. Add the melted oil to the rest of the ingredients in the food processor. Then process the ingredients on high power until all have thoroughly mixed into a smooth firm paste.
- Add the paste to a small cake tin or flan dish (about 10 inches in size), and press down firmly to completely fill the case. Place in the fridge for 3 hours until set firm. Slice into about 6 even pieces.