You know…Im certainly not a bandwagon jumper. Had my spiraliser since 2009. I fought for ages not to post one of these, but after a gazillion requests, I thought, why not. This is an amazing summer dish as a main course, but is just as happy as a side dish too.
Walnuts – packed with zinc and selenium.
Flax seeds – rich in fibre and lignin which both support cardiovascular health.
Serves - 1
- 2 large courgettes
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds
- 2 handfuls of walnuts
- 1 large clove of garlic – roughly chopped
- 60g of fresh basil
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Place the flax, walnuts, garlic, basil, and olive oil to a food processor, along with a pinch of salt. Pulse the food processor in bursts to create a touch textured pesto.
- Run the courgettes through the spiraliser. Place courgette in a bowl, top with the pesto, and toss through, before plating up.