Unlock the fascinating links between our diet and the functioning of the brain and nervous system. Learn how to use this developing science to manage common mental health issues such as anxiety and depression, with a few safe and simple dietary changes.
What you'll learn on this short course:
- The relationship between diet and the structure of the brain.
- How nutrition influences and regulates functioning of the brain and nervous system.
- How things go wrong in the nervous system and how nutrition can be used as a tool to regulate this.
- How to devise diets and dietary strategies to support numerous mental health issues that can form a key part of a persons self care.
- Use online lectures, written material, recorded talks, case study assignments and meal planning exercises to put learning into a real World framework.
How is the course taught?
The course is taught in multiple formats to suit all learning styles and to help you frame and apply the material.
- 100% online.
- Written material & downloads.
- Podcast style audio downloads of all written content.
- Recorded video lectures.
- Interview style guest teacher sessions.
- You can also join our Diploma students in the monthly live Q&A/teaching sessions - even after you have completed the course.
On this course you are assessed in three ways:
- Online exam.
- Written case study evaluation.
- Written evidence based dietary planning exercise.