This simple recipe is a great lunch time option. Fast, easy, and a flavour bomb. This is perfect in cold weather and hot weather alike.
- Place the rice noodles in to a pan and cover with boiled water.
- Saute the onion, garlic, and fresh chilli, along with a pinch of salt in a little coconut oil or olive oil, until the onion is almost softened.
- At this stage add the shiitake mushrooms and continue to saute until these have softened.
- Add the peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, and water. You can keep adding water to get the texture of sauce you prefer. Allow to simmer for a few minutes, so the sauce thickens.
- Add the tofu. Strain the rice noodles and add these to the sauce too, and toss well to coat and combine, whilst still on the heat. Serve.
50g (dry weight) Flat rice noodles
Half a red onion – sliced
2 cloves of garlic – finely chopped
1 small fresh chilli – finely chopped
1 heaped tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter
2 teaspoons soy sauce
Half a teaspoon of honey
5-6 shiitake mushrooms – sliced
6-8 diced pieces of tofu
150ml of water
This is amazing with squid and prawns too.