Im pretty obsessed with Matcha. Have been for about 17 years. In the early 00’s I was out in Japan for the first time, and the amount of food with matcha in it was unreal. I love the taste of it, and it does have a little kick. This creamy matcha porridge is a perfect host for it.
- Add the oats and coconut milk to a pan
- dissolve the matcha in a little water
- Bring the oats to the boil until a thick creamy porridge has formed.
- Turn off the heat and add the dissolved matcha, and stir through thoroughly.
- Transfer to bowl and top with maple syrup just before serving.
35g of porridge oats
200ml of coconut milk alternative (not the thick coconut milk from cans)
2 teaspoons of matcha powder
1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
The coconut milk used here is one of the cartons found in the milk replacement isle, rather than the rich creamy stuff you’d use in a thai curry for example.